Sunday, January 3, 2010

So Long, 2009...

2009 is over. Finally. P-tooey, and good riddance to it.

2009 - the year:

Katherine was born,
Dad died,
we sold the condo,
we bought a house,
and we started the search for a home.

2009 - the year I:

gained 31 pounds of pregnancy weight,
lost 41 pounds of grief weight,
gained back twenty pounds of I-can't-throw-away-half-a-perfectly-good-chicken-finger-dinner weight.

2009 - the year I once again:

didn't finish my manuscript,
didn't learn to cook anything other than hard boiled eggs,
didn't learn Italian,
didn't learn to control my temper.

2010 will be better. 2010 will be the year that *I* am better.

In 2010 I will:

FINISH the manuscript.
LEARN to cook and ENJOY it.
EMBRACE my inner peace, if I have to grab it with both hands and choke it into submission. Oh wait... that's not really... oh bother....

In 2010 I will:

LOSE 20 pounds.
GAIN respect for my time.
LEAVE work on time, and LEAVE work at work - no more lugging paperwork home over the weekend only to never take it out of my bag.
SET realistic goals for myself, and MEET them. No more not finishing what I start. NO MORE. That's it. Basta. Finito. Enough.

This blog will keep me honest. Unless I start lying in my posts, in which case it will become a brilliant work of fiction. But I'm not that creative, so I'll have to keep it real.

In 2010 I will:

Do at least ONE DIY project in the house. I will either learn to take down wallpaper or learn to sew a balloon valance. Maybe I will do both, but I don't want to get too ambitious.

In 2010 I will:

Get to the gym 2 - 3 days each week. On average. That means I can miss weeks if I go on vacation. Not that I'm planning to skip weeks, but I want to get ahead of the questions before they are asked.

In 2010, I will go to bed before 11:00 PM.

It's 11:08. I'm late already. Damn.

Okay - I forgive myself.

This time....

No comments:

Post a Comment